delaying action in English
His courageous delaying action enabled his comrades to reorganize and effect an orderly withdrawal.
Use "delaying action" in a sentence
1. In the long struggle to reconcile industrial absolutism and political democracy, Court played a delaying action.
2. It is intensifying threats to development and growth and there is no benefit in delaying action.
3. 20 The delaying action kept the case out of court and minimized bad publicity until after he won re-election.
4. On September 27, 1777, Delaware participated in a delaying action on the Delaware River against the British army pursuing George Washington's forces.
5. He did not join The Long March because he was tasked to fight against the nationalist troops for a delaying action, and stayed in the South of Zhejiang until 1937.