retroverted in English

(of the uterus) tilted abnormally backward.
A retroverted , easily mobile uterus can usually be easily manipulated during surgery, but a fixed uterus cannot.

Use "retroverted" in a sentence

Below are sample sentences containing the word "retroverted" from the English Dictionary. We can refer to these sentence patterns for sentences in case of finding sample sentences with the word "retroverted", or refer to the context using the word "retroverted" in the English Dictionary.

1. One is Anteverted and the other is retroverted. The uterus is said to be retroverted when it is tilted backwards.

2. Approximately 75% of women have an Anteverted uterus, around 25% have a retroverted uterus

3. The medical term for a “tipped uterus” is an “Anteverted” (tilts forward) or a “retroverted uterus” (tilts backward)

4. An Anteverted uterus is a uterus that is tilted forward towards the bladder while a retroverted uterus points backwards towards the rectum.

5. Close to 75 percent of women have uterus that is tilted forward or Anteverted and 25 percent have uterus tilted backward or retroverted

6. An Anteverted uterus is a uterus that is tilted forward, towards the bladder and abdomen, while a retroverted uterus points backwards towards the rectum, according to zocdoc

7. Usually when a woman is told about the shape of her uterus is Anteverted or retroverted, she gets very scared and begins to associate it with pregnancy issues and problems in menstruation.

8. The far majority of ladies have this type of uterus! A 2004 study by the Stanford-School of Medicine’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology found that about 74% of females have an Anteverted uterus while the remaining 26% has a retroverted uterus.

9. Anteverted position – this is the most common possition the uterus assumes (in 60-70% of women) Retroverted position – here the pelvis is tilted backwards (10-15%) Midposed; These are the three most common positions of the healthy uterus

10. In most cases classifying a uterus as “Anteverted” is just a way for medical professionals to distinguish it from an organ that is either “retroverted,” or tilted backward, or “midposed,” which means it stands more or less straight up and down.

11. This is in contrast to the slightly "Anteverted" uterus that most women have, which is oriented forward toward the bladder, with the anterior part slightly concave.Between 1 in 3 and 1 in 5 women (depending on the source) have a retroverted uterus, which is oriented