like a stone in English
Use "like a stone" in a sentence
1. My suggestion that we all play tennis sank like a stone.
2. Frankly, this "anchor" looks more like a stone around the neck of global security.
3. “The surging waters proceeded to cover them; down they went into the depths like a stone.”
4. Clumsy Lyrics: I flew too close to the sun / Fell back to Earth like a stone / (Should've known, should've known, should've known) / I got too high on myself / Too young and stupid to tell /
5. The focus of the Bolo tie is a slide that features a decorative item like a stone cabochon, a beaded rosette, a silver concho, or other items that have a flat back that you can attach to the slide.
6. The Brassie is a great all-around nymph pattern that offers three great features: its wire body imitates the segmented bodies of midges and caddisflies, it's easy to tie, and it sinks like a stone—which means you can fish it deep