overhanging in English
a concrete path overhung by trees
Use "overhanging" in a sentence
1. Watch out for overhanging branches.
2. Thick overhanging branches cut out the sunlight.
3. Overhanging balconies, neat piles of kindling wood against every wall.
4. Built in 1853, it is Characterised by the broad overhanging hipped roof
5. Overhanging branches and tree trunks create an interesting backdrop to this autumn scene.
6. Actually situated on the overhanging wall encountered as you walk to Backslapper Wall
7. Hailey twink his yapok Attitudinizings dam, but overhanging Shannan never carouses so betwixt
8. During the breeding season, the male chooses a suitable location with overhanging foliage.
9. The lordly tripod is replaced by a broken palm-tree overhanging a mourning woman.
10. Bartizan, an overhanging wall-mounted turret projecting from the walls of ancient fortifications
11. For example, an overhanging geometry with shallow angle may be oriented to ensure steep angles.
12. 4 The lordly tripod is replaced by a broken palm-tree overhanging a mourning woman.
13. Boinking is similar to jugging but is done on extremely overhanging terrain, such as a roof
14. 25 Suddenly, he gave a yell, raced furiously ahead and leapt up at an overhanging bough.
15. Synonyms for Cantilevering include projecting, jutting, overhanging, protruding, extending, bulging, extruding, sticking out, beetling and standing out
16. Its main attraction is the historical fortress which is located on an overhanging rock above an abyss.
17. The Mayor was struggling to free his chain of office from the overhanging branch of a fragile alder.
18. Because of the overhanging leaves and branches, you'll notice that the understory is very dark, it's very still.
19. Our path dropped down to the relative calm of the sea shore, edging craggy inlets beneath overhanging cliff tops.
20. Later in the medieval period, permanent Brattices-like structures known as machicolations were built in stone overhanging the walls
21. “Sunfish (Bluegills and pumpkinseeds) can be found around all types of structure, including weeds, rocks, brush, docks, and overhanging branches
22. Noun archerfish, Archerfishes A freshwater fish that knocks insect prey off overhanging vegetation by shooting water at it from its mouth
23. Baldachino Overhanging used as a mark of honor, named after Baghdad whence came the cloth originally used for this purpose
24. The roof of such nests is an overhanging rock or, as shown in this picture, the eaves of a building.
25. Then I found it, a narrow split in the forest with a white-painted signboard, partly covered by an overhanging bush.
26. - Anterior portion of the same and opening on the right Limpet, with the overhanging Cephalic shoulder, so to speak, of hood removed.
27. Cantilevers are often used in architecture, as they allow for overhanging structures that do not need to be supported from the outside.
28. 27 Trotting the far bank overhanging trees utilising stick float and caster three chub plus a specimen barbel of 7-15-0 obliged.
29. A collection of three linked dining rooms, featuring a translucent tubular wine attic overhanging the bar area, is accessorized by a seasonal outdoor cafe.
30. Instead of blowing jets of water to change the orientation of its prey, Archerfishes hock a killer loogie to knock insects off overhanging leaves and into the water.
31. A Bartizan or guerite is an overhanging, wall-mounted turret projecting from the walls of medieval fortifications from the early 14th century up to the 16th century
32. Bracket definition is - an overhanging member that projects from a structure (such as a wall) and is usually designed to support a vertical load or to strengthen an angle
33. These were essentially small overhanging openings in the wall but had the added benefit of not exposing the garrison to enemy missile fire as the earlier wooden Brattices had
34. An overhanging part, the apron of the carriage, may be engaged with the feed rod to give continuous feed motion, or with a lead screw for cutting of threads.
35. "Dragline" silk is used to create the supporting strands that anchor the endpoints of an orb web to tree branches overhanging rivers or lakes and forms the radial threads in the web.
36. There was no boom, the rope Brails holding the top of the sail fastened to a permanent yard, lines sweeping fore and aft to the overhanging stern, a double steering oar.
37. In common with other Archerfishes, such as the Spotted Archerfish Toxotes chatareus, it is able to dislodge insects from overhanging vegetation by directing a stream of water from its mouth at its chosen prey
38. A Bartizan, also called a guerite or échauguette, or spelled bartisan, is an overhanging, wall-mounted turret projecting from the walls of late medieval and early-modern fortifications from the early 14th century up to
39. A new lake has begun to form at the terminus of the Arteson glacier, and this lake has key features, including overhanging ice and loose rock likely to create landslides, that could trigger a catastrophic GLOF if the lake continues to grow.
40. A cantilever is a beam that is supported at only one end and carries a load at the other end. Cantilevers are often used in architecture, as they allow for overhanging structures that do not need to be supported from the outside.
41. SCIENTIFIC NAME: Erimystax insignis CHARACTERISTICS: The Blotched chub is often confused with the streamline chub, Erimystax dissimilis, but the Blotched chub is a shorter, generally deeper-bodied species.It is characterized by a large eye, a blunt, rounded snout overhanging the upper lip, and a small, inferior mouth.
42. A Castellated PCB edge is a board edge that has plated through holes that are placed overhanging the edge of the board and typically made at little to no extra cost even from most cheap proto-board fab services (often a check box in the online quote is marked “Castellated Holes”).
43. A Castellated PCB edge is a board edge that has plated through holes that are placed overhanging the edge of the board and typically made at little to no extra cost even from most cheap proto-board fab services (often a check box in the online quote is marked “Castellated Holes”).
44. A large and splendidly colorful bird, the Black-and-red Broadbill (Cymbirhynchus macrorhynchos) is a familiar species in riverine forested habitats in Southeast Asia.Its presence is usually first betrayed by the species’ conspicuous, untidy nest, which is usually suspended from a branch overhanging water, where it is protected from most predators.
45. ‘Woe Betide the person who doesn't cut back their overhanging vegetation as it severely compromises the safety of tall pedestrians with hats who use a particular footpath to mass.’ ‘But there is an unnerving element to the intensity of his devotion to the cause, as if those teeth glint with a shark-like quality, and woe Betide the person
46. ‘Woe Betide the person who doesn't cut back their overhanging vegetation as it severely compromises the safety of tall pedestrians with hats who use a particular footpath to mass.’ ‘But there is an unnerving element to the intensity of his devotion to the cause, as if those teeth glint with a shark-like quality, and woe Betide the person
47. Allochthonous salt is defined as a “subhorizontal or moderately dipping, sheetlike salt diapir emplaced at stratigraphic levels above the autochthonous source layer” (Hudec & Jackson, 2011).There is no hard cutoff for salt to qualify as Allochthonous: an overhanging upper part of a diapir grades into a subhorizontal salt sheet, which is an Allochthonous salt body, sourced by a single
48. So it was easy to keep it growing right through into January, although the food thing really does become an issue: How is one to maintain the illusion of being a rough-and-tumble bearded Backwoodser when the foam from his Holiday Spice latte is right there on his mustache, overhanging the quiche crumbs snagged on the chin overgrowth below?
49. Bonefishes are small to medium sized (to 80 cm), with elongate, fusiform, slightly compressed bodies; head conical, snout overhanging mouth; mouth small, not reaching past eye; very small teeth in bands at front of jaws, patches of small molariform teeth on the roof and floor of the mouth; fins without spines; one short dorsal fin, (16-21 rays), at midbody; pectoral fins low on the body