thracian|thracians in English
person from Thrace; member of the people who lived in Thrace
Use "thracian|thracians" in a sentence
1. Thracian bitch.
2. Thracians spoke Balto slavic language
3. Must the thracian appear in every Primus?
4. A fourth ethnic element interacting and intermarrying are the Thracians (7.3.2).
5. Thracian/Dacian as Illyrian has same or similar words as Balto slavic languages.
6. The Karakachan dog is a descendant of the dogs of the Thracians, renowned as stock-breeders.
7. The place of her burial was called Cynosema, a promontory of the Thracian Chersonese
8. This tradition is also believed to come from the Thracians who may have danced similarly during Dionysian rituals.
9. Parmenion was stationed on the left with the Thessalians, Greek mercenaries and Thracian cavalry.
10. The Thracian troops of Andriscus would have primarily been Peltast skirmisher infantry and light cavalry.
11. Largely recruited from the Odrysian tribe, the Thracian cavalry also acted as scouts on the march.
12. Most historians conclude that the Albanians are descendants of populations of the prehistoric Balkans, such as the Illyrians, Dacians or Thracians
13. Dingeys fenderless impulsively Austrian sounding Austria Maria matriarchal Australopithecus thrace rhachi Australis unfundable Apostrophal Australian tenfold koso Australia thracian
14. 150, after almost a century away from their home island, be largely composed of Illyrian, Thracian and Dacian recruits.
15. In fact, a Thracian wife saw it as an honor to be sacrificed and buried alongside her husband!
16. A branch of this people was one of the primary three ethnic ancestors of modern Bulgarians (the other two were Thracians and Slavs)
17. 28 Success in the Persian wars and the establishment of control over the Thracian mines brought further enrichment to the treasuries.
18. Thracian Chersonese, ancient region comprising the modern Gallipoli Peninsula, located on the European side of the Hellespont (the Dardanelles, in modern Turkey)
19. Thracian artifacts include numerous tombs and golden treasures, while ancient Bulgars have left traces of their heritage in music and early architecture.
20. Bulgaria’s winemaking tradition dates to ancient Thracian times, and its wines have been enjoyed by everyone from Roman writers to former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill
21. See the history of the Balkans from the Bronze Age (2600 BCE) to nowadays (2017).In this video, I included as well the Dacian, Illyrian and Thracian tribes b
22. The fall of the Second Scythian Kingdom came about in the second half of the 3rd century BC under the onslaught of Celts and Thracians from the west and of Sarmatians from the east.
23. Chersonese Sentence Examples In 455 Tolmides ravaged Laconia and secured Naupactus on the Corinthian gulf; in 4544 Pericles himself defeated the Sicyonians, and made a descent upon Oeniadae at the mouth of the gulf, and in 453 conducted a cleruchy to the Thracian Chersonese.
24. Pæne insula) or Chersonese, is a tract of land which is almost an island, being encompassed by water on all sides, except where it is joined to the main by a narrow neck of land; as the Thracian Chersonese, the Morea, and Spain.�
25. The Cyclopes, who were regarded as skillful architects in later accounts, were a race of men who appear to be different from the Cyclopes whom we have considered hitherto, for they are described as a Thracian tribe, which derived its name from a king Cyclops